Sr. Product Manager/Director of Product Management
About the job
The Sr. Product Manager/Director of Product Management will help shape the future of ShotSpotter by leading the product planning process for the company. S/he partners with Engineering to plan releases from conception to launch and provides business justification for key features. S/he represent the voice of the customer to guide product decision making. The role requires significant product management experience, the ability to collect input from multiple sources and recommend the best course of action in a compelling way, great communication and interpersonal skills, and a comfort level in playing the role of an individual contributor initially while simultaneously defining and driving the overall long-term product direction. The position will grow in responsibility over time and reports to the SVP Marketing and Product Management.
• Own and drive all aspects of product management including product vision, requirements, business justification, roadmap, prioritization, trade-offs, and release themes for customer and internal facing software and apps, infrastructure improvements and partner integrations
• Research market trends and competitive features and conduct customer research to shape product decisions
• Work collaboratively with internal groups such as customer success, sales, customer support and engineering to develop proposed roadmap of releases
• Pioneer improved overall product planning process that is disciplined, transparent, and supports our business goals
• Develop a deep understanding of our product and services and the partner ecosystem
• Work within marketing to drive product-related messaging
• Represent SST as a domain and product expert at industry events, customer visits, and other outbound activities
• 10+ years product management experience in SaaS Enterprise B2B (B2G or law enforcement, public safety ideal)
• College degree and strong technical background
• Experience with agile methodologies like scrum for software development
• Track record of success working cross-functionally with ability to empathize and communicate with people with different points of view.
• Very strong problem-solving skills, analytical horsepower, and attention to detail
• Hands-on approach to get customer feedback, work through complex customer challenges and test features
• Passion for solving real customer problems to make a big impact in a rapidly growing market
• Sharp written and oral communication skills; clear and concise approach with an ability to handle both executive-level big picture discussions as well as technical discussions
• Great listening and synthesizing skills
• Strong work ethic with ability to take ownership, roll up sleeves and get things done
• Experience supervising product managers preferred
• Mix of startup and corporate experience preferred
• Usability / user experience aptitude preferred
Please send your resume to email@example.com and tell us about your yourself and your skills and interest.
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter's solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.