Director Of Contracts Management
The Director of Contracts will manage all contracts over their entire lifecycle from their inception to renewal to ensure consistent management of all proposals and contracts. The role includes the development of specific standards for bidding and submission, contract negotiations and document management including creation, negotiation, storage, scheduling of important contractual ‘events,’ and enforcement. This is a cross functional role reporting to the Chief Financial Officer with close collaboration with various departments, including sales, operations and finance.
Location: Newark, CA
• Oversee organizational contract development and management activities, and enforce organizational principles of integrity and compliance.
• Primary responsibility for tracking, coordinating and executing contract renewals.
• Conduct contract strategy meetings to facilitate pricing discussions, and obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables.
• Serve as the point of contact for customers on contractual matters ensuring timely review and approval.
• Draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions and senior management input
• Engage relevant stakeholders in negotiation decisions involving legal or regulatory requirements, contract standards and cost targets.
• Coordinate with external legal representatives.
• Develop and execute negotiation strategies that minimize potential losses and benefit ShotSpotter’s financial performance.
• Maintain deadlines on deliverables and communicate contractual issues to business partners and internal clients
• Develop contracts database and ensure that contracts and proposals are properly entered and maintained.
• Develop standards, policies and procedures for contracts, including pricing, payment terms, general language and provisions.
• Lead/coordinate with other departments in the preparation and conduct of contract kick-off meetings.
• Perform appropriate administrative and operational research to support proposal and contract development.
• Work with Finance to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discounting policies, export controls, etc. May include ‘financial engineering’ and understanding / evaluating economic impact of terms and term options.
• Monitor competitive terms. Monitor customer satisfaction with our terms and conditions and contracting practices. Recommend changes.
• Coordinate with Customer Support/Operations to evaluate Service Level Agreement Compliance. Review contractual performance of both parties to ensure compliance with terms and to identify conflicts or changes.
• As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field preferred.
• Prior work experience in a contract management role
• Proficiency in utilizing and interpreting financial models and analyses.
• Experience in applying organizational standards when developing requests for proposals, negotiating terms and drafting contracts.
• Ability to systematically analyze complex problems, draw relevant conclusions and implement appropriate solutions.
• Strong verbal and written skills, and ability to convey complex information in a way that others can readily follow.
• Excellent negotiating and persuasive skills, both in one-on-one and group situations.
Please send your resume to email@example.com and tell us about your yourself and your skills and interest.
About ShotSpotter, Inc.
ShotSpotter is the global leader in gunfire detection and location technology. ShotSpotter's solutions help law enforcement officials and security personnel identify, locate and deter gun violence. ShotSpotter is based in Newark, California and offers its solutions on a SaaS-based subscription model to customers around the world, with current customers located in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and South Africa.
ShotSpotter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ShotSpotter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
ShotSpotter expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of ShotSpotter's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.